I offer integrative therapy in English to clients in the Netherlands. My practice is five minutes’ walk from Arnhem Centraal station.
My practice in England closed in 2018 with my heartfelt thanks to clients and colleagues for my richly rewarding work with them.
Come and reflect on your life – love, work and play – and explore what you need. Together we can work at recovering from loss or trauma, towards greater aliveness, insight, joy and authenticity, whatever that means for you.
I have a general practice, and long experience of working with difference and belonging. All ethnicities, sexualities and genders welcome, and those affected by early relationship trauma including adoption.
I work with individual adults and couples, and offer individual and group supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists.
- provide a dedicated time and space to work
- want to understand your experience and culture
- help you to identify what you need and hope for
- be clear about what you can expect
- explore relationships with yourself, other people and the world
- use my knowledge, experience and training to consider what might help
- conduct a professional, ethical and boundaried relationship with you
- judge you
- advise you
- make assumptions about you based on stereotype or prejudice
- get involved in your life
I listen to develop an understanding of how it is to be you, your inner experience, your relationships with others and your place in the world. I note symptoms but aim to address the underlying causes, working with an awareness of how the body expresses emotion and holds traumatic history.
At the first meeting we both see whether we can work together and discuss your hopes for the therapy. Then I can offer a fixed term agreement or work in a more open ended way.
I am an integrative psychotherapist. This explanation from my professional body, UKCP, may be helpful.
When working with couples I work with a colleague: two clients, two therapists.
In relationship therapy our aims are:
- To provide a safe and managed space for effective communication between you
- To focus on what’s wrong with the relationship, not what’s wrong with each of you
- To find out how each of you experience the other and the relationship
- To identify the habitual patterns, dynamics and cycles in your relationship
- To get beyond the story of your distress to your underlying feelings, needs and desires
- To hear what makes each of you feel alive and keeps you growing
- To learn what that means for growth and change in your relationship
- To strengthen the bond and levels of intimacy between you.
Contact me to find out more about what we offer.
I have experience and enjoyment in working with: individuals, groups, qualified and trainee therapists
I have limited availability for supervision but am open to enquiries to supervise in English.
MSc and Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy from Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University
Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision, Cascade Training.
Externship in Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy.
Professional development special interests: body communication, trauma, sexual, ethnic and gender minority, couple work, attachment and adoption.
Where and when
My practice is in a quiet street five minutes’ walk from Arnhem Centraal Station. There is free parking with a blue disc for two hours outside the door.
Unfortunately it is not accessible for wheelchairs.
I offer appointments in the daytime.
Get in touch
Contact me by e-mail